Poetry and Therapy
For many years, Christine Bousfield has run poetry workshops with therapeutic aims, for instance, for Mind, for diabetics and diabetic children at Harrogate Hospital, for training counsellors in Wakefield, on MA courses in psychoanalysis and literature, and for Lapidus (Literary Arts for Personal Development). She is a member of that organization and maintains its ethical code in her practice.
Christine has undertaken poetry in healthcare training, and is available to run poetry therapy workshops, particularly in settings such as poetry groups, nursing and residential homes, and for counsellor and psychotherapist training.
- Gillie Bolton. Freelance consultant in Therapeutic Writing, Literature and Medicine, editor of The Journal of Medical Humanities, and Associate Editor of The Journal of Poetry Therapy, and Editor of the library series Writing for Therapy and Personal Development (Jessica Kingsley)
- Victoria Field. Ex-director of Survivors Poetry, poet, and poetry therapist
- Graham Hartill. Poet, workshop facilitator and co-founder of Lapidus
- Cheryl Moskowitz. Poet, playwright, novelist, psychodynamic counsellor, and MA Tutor in Creative Writing and Development, University of Sussex
- Kate Thompson. Vice chair of Lapidus, and professional trainer in the use of journal writing as therapy
- Carole Emmett. Counsellor for the Wakefield Well Woman Centre
- Alison Hall. Psychoanalyst and director of the MA in Psychoanalysis, Leeds Metropolitan University